|Iran Urban Economics Scientific Association intends to hold the first international competition in the field of urban economics in 1399. All interested parties are hereby invited to participate in this event. This competition will be held from 25 april 2020 to 25 may 2020 and prizes will be awarded to the best individuals. Please send the image of your answer to the email of the association to infoiuea.ir
1.Which is correct in defining urban economics?
A: Urban economics tries to understand cities using the methods and theories of economics
B: Urban economics seeks to make some cities more successful than others
C: Urban economics seeks to understand how urban policies affect the economic performance of cities
D: All three
2.What is the central factor in the first theories of urban economics?
A: the earth B: car
C: Market D:Efficiency
3. What is the importance of housing in the urban economy?
A: Being capital B: High share of the household basket
C: Being propulsive D:B&C
4. In the United States, what percentage of GDP is directly or indirectly related to the housing sector?
A: About 20% B: About 40%
C: About 50% D: About 10%
5.Which of the following is not a factor in influencing housing prices?
A: Land prices B: Inflation
C: labour cost D: Housing taxes
6. The effects of the housing crisis last for how many years and how much does GDP fall?
A: It lasts up to 10 years and leads to a 10% drop in GDP
B: It lasts up to 15 years and leads to a 20% drop in GDP
C: It lasts up to 5 years and leads to an 8% drop in GDP
D: It lasts up to 3 years and leads to a 10% drop in GDP
7. How many industries does the housing sector have a posteriori and a priori relationship?
A: About 50 industries B: About 100 industries
C: About 200 industries D: About 300 industries
8. What is the interest rate on mortgages in Europe?
A: Between 4 and 5 percent B: Between 8 and 10 percent
C: Between 10 and 12 percent D: Between 1 and 2 percent
9. What are the effects of ignoring the urban poor on the housing sector?
A: Urban unrest B: Expansion of informal housing
C: Housing inflation D: all items
10. Which of the following financial crises was the source of the mortgage?
A: 1980 Latin American Financial Crisis
B: The Tequila Crisis in Mexico
C: The Great Financial Crisis 2008
D: 1998 South Asian Financial Crisis